February 1, 2014

January Book Haul!

book haul It is officially February! While on hiatus, I got A LOT of books so I’m going to take the time to share them with you. I think I will make my book hauls monthly because it’s easier to just have a giant wrap up post on all the books I received that month. So without further ado, here’s my book haul!

GiftedDSC_0871I celebrate New Year’s with my family and we all exchange gifts. My parents got me a copy of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz because I have wanted a copy since last summer when I borrowed it from the library and first read it!

From the Library DSC_0872My library is having a “blind date” type event in which they have wrapped books that you can randomly select for a “blind date”. I choose from the YA section and I got I Don’t Want to Kill You by Dan Wells (the author of Partials, a series I love) and Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick which I know nothing about!

Won from Indigo!DSC_0873The Indigo Teen Blog was having a Twitter giveaway for The Rule of Three by Eric Walters (who is one of my favourite Canadian authors) and after hearing Octavia gush about it (her review is even on Eric Walter’s official website!), I was so happy that I won!

Bought in-store
DSC_0874DSC_0875DSC_0876
I bought quite a bit this month. I bought Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, the sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and I also bought the graphic novel (pictured last). I also got All the Truth That’s in Me because it’s February’s pick for an online book club I am participating in, I already read and loved it! I also got Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh and The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, two books I am very excited to read!

Won from Rather be Reading (Estelle)! DSC_0879Estelle let me choose which books I wanted from TBD and I chose One Plus One Equals Blue by M.J Auch and Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher, and I am so excited to read both!

NetGalley

The Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)The Tyrant's Daughter

I just started using NetGalley so I don’t have too many books to show you but I did manage to get The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (they had it as ‘Read Now’ for the first 100 people) and The Tyrant’s Daughter by C.J. Carleson (review to be up this week!)

transparent divider

And that’s it! I got a lot of books in January but I am expecting EVEN MORE in February because of all the new releases. Which books have you read? Which books should I pick up immediately? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!