February 3, 2014

[Discussion Post] Do You Ever Get Scared of Voicing Your Opinions?

discussion

Warning:  I wrote this when I was feeling particularly ranty and my tone does come off a little angry so please bear that in mind when you read this. I’m not sure if this will offend anyone but just in case, this is a personal post and nothing I say is directed towards anyone. I apologize if this offends anyone or their opinions, thanks.  transparent dividerBook bloggers share the same opinions, for the most part. There are books we all collectively like and books we all collectively hate. But sometimes, I hate books that everyone likes. And I get scared of telling others about it. I feel like I’ll be outcast because of my different opinions. And it has taken me a long time to realize that I shouldn’t be afraid. This blog is my own. I can say whatever I want to say. I can write whatever I want to write. And I can do WHATEVER I WANT. Sure, people may not agree with me. And I understand that we all have different opinions (we don’t always agree on the same books after all) but I don’t want that to get in the way of my blogging experience. Blogging is supposed to be a fun hobby & if I can’t mention some things because of my fear, what’s going to make it something I want to do?  I just want to be myself and by not voicing my opinions, I’m not letting me be truly expressive of who I am.

I was always worried about saying the wrong thing or not agreeing with others but I’ve realized, it doesn’t matter what I do as long as I am true to myself. And that’s all that matters. transparent divider Have you ever felt afraid of voicing your opinions for fear of a public flogging? Will you do something about it? Do you agree with what I said? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!