February 12, 2014

Bookish Survey: Greek Myth!

survey

Jasmine makes the best surveys and I’ve always wanted to do them but when I saw her latest survey with Greek mythology, I knew I HAD to do it! Jasmine created this survey and the graphics used in this survey, go check out her fabulous blog here. I will refrain from using the Roman names for the gods though because I have a personal thing against them but I am so ready for this survey!

Zeus
God of the Sky and Thunder / King of the Gods

Favourite book (choose your own category!): For this one, I will choose favourite contemporary and that would have to go hands down to Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I really loved the story and the characters were great. Eleanor is annoying sometimes but Park is just so great it makes up for it. I know a lot of people don’t really like the book (which always surprises me) but this one has a special place in my heart & on my shelves!

Poseidon
God of the Seas and Horses

Book that drowned you in feels: So hard to choose! I think I’m going to go with one of my favourite books of all time, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. I honestly adore this book so much. It had all the feels: anger, love, betrayal and just cuteness. Like seriously, all the feels!

Hades
God of the Underworld

Favourite book with a dark / ominous plot: I don’t read too much horror or books that have a dark plot so this one will take a while. I will choose a post-apocalyptic book because apocalypses are dark, right? I’m going to choose Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne, the AWESOME sequel to Monument 14. I honestly love this book so much and all the twists and turns, so good! I will forever book push this series so go check it out right now if you haven’t read it already!

Hera
Goddess of Marriage and Family

Best fictional couple: Oh my gosh, how can I choose just one?! I’d have to go with Percy/Annabeth in The Lost Heroes series by Rick Riordan, they are just adorable. Percy is just awesome and totally sweet while Annabeth is just kick-ass and super wise. They go together like peanut butter and jelly and it’s just great.   

Athena
Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare

Series with the best world-building: For this one, I’m going to have to go with The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith. The world-building is just so realistic and creepy and weird, it’s really good. I will be reviewing this one soon so you can read my review for my details but it’s great!

Eleanor & ParkAristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the UniverseThe Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)The Marbury Lens (The Marbury Lens, #1)

Aphrodite
Goddess of Love and Beauty

Most beautiful cover on a 2014 release: How can I choose just one? I’m going to choose The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski, I am a sucker for a girl in a beautiful dress. Even if it a little too common, it is beautiful!

The Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)

Ares
God of War and Bloodshed

Most violent book you’ve ever read: I do not read violent books at all. I’d probably say The Marbury Lens again but I think that Reboot by Amy Tintera works as well. While it isn’t too violent, the violence felt very real and so life-like.

Hephaestus
God of Blacksmiths and Fire

Scorching hot swoony worthy character: Ahhh how do I choose? So many, so many! I am going to choose St.Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Just so adorable, that’s all I have to say.

Artemis
Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity

Favourite kick-ass heroine: I’m going to choose Katarina Bishop from Heist Society by Ally Carter. While Katarina may not be fighting bad guys, her cunning and cleverness in the face of gender makes her perfectly kick-ass in my point of view.

Apollo
God of Light and Healing

Sequel book that redeemed its series: Usually, if I don’t like the first book in a series, I stay away from the sequel completely. For this one, I’m going to choose Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. While I enjoyed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, I found the pacing very slow and too insta-lovey. The sequel definitely made me so excited for the 3rd book!

Reboot (Reboot, #1)Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)

Hermes
Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce

Book with the best message: So many of my favourite books have great messages but one of my favourites is The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. The message teaches readers to appreciate them for themselves and to never doubt their own self-worth. It’s just a really good book.

Hestia
Goddess of the Hearth and Home

Book with the most relatable story: As much as I hate to say this, I can’t choose a book. I never really connect to stories that I read in books, I read for the escapism (even my contemporaries).

Demeter
Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture

Book with best setting: I know I can choose a lot of really fun and cool setting but I think I’m going to have to go with a realistic one. I’m going to choose 45 Pounds by K.A. Barson because it’s realistic and Ann actually goes to places that seem realistic for a teenager to be at (if that makes sense).

Dionysus
God of Wine and Celebration

2014 release you are most anticipating: I’m going to have to choose Cress by Marissa Meyer because Cinder was one of the first books I discovered when I became a book blogger and I have book-pushed it to all my friends and I just love the series so much.

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend45 Pounds (More or Less)Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)

transparent divider Have you done the Greek Myth bookish survey or any other bookish survey by Jasmine? Do you agree with some of my picks? What would you choose instead? What’s a book I can probably relate to? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!