December 30, 2013

[Readiculous End of the Year Celebration] Books I Wish I Got the Chance to Read This Year!

end of the year

The Readiculous End of the Year Celebration is an event hosted here that celebrates this year! Click here for more info or to sign up

Welcome to the 3rd instalment on the Readiculous End of the Year Celebration! We’ve all had TBR piles taller than us, correct? Well today, I’m going to share the books I wish I had a chance to read this year but sadly never got around to it. I might try to read these next year but you never know!

033 Books I Wish I Got the Chance to Read This Year
(in random order)

Crewel (Crewel World, #1) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown The Chaos of Stars Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

1. Crewel by Gennifer Albin: I attended a Fierce Reads event in June and Gennifer Albin was speaking there and she was promoting her book. Gennifer was awesome and I’ve wanted to read her book ever since (it sounds right up my alley) but I never had the time! *this one is sitting on my bookshelves right now

2. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: Another book that is sitting neglected on my shelves. I really really REALLY want to read this one since I am a huge fan of Holly Black’s work but this book is just so huge, I get scared thinking about reading it!

3. The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White: Once again, I own this book and have yet to read it. I helped out my dad on an errand this summer so he rewarded me by taking me to a bookstore and we can all imagine what happened. I actually bought this one shortly after it came out and have YET to read it! It’s Egyptian mythology (which I love) so I need to read this one ASAP.

4. Angelfall by Susan Ee: I’ve read so many reviews that praise this book and I just want to run to the bookstore and buy myself a copy RIGHT NOW! I just wish I’d done that sooner because I would’ve liked to read this one soon, especially since the sequel is out!

 The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Distance Between Us Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)

5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: It seems like everyone read and loved this series (including some of my non-blogging friends!) and I need to read it! I’ve always had opportunities to borrow it or read it but I never did! I really need to soon though.

6. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: Not really sure what this one is about but Kasie West & a cheesy romance? I need it! (I  hate to admit it but I am such a sucker for cheesy romances)

7. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: I’ve heard so many great things about this one I really want to read it because lately, I’ve been neglecting the fantasy genre. I own this one and can’t wait to read it!

8. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: I also bought this one for myself and can’t wait to read it! For two reasons: Patrick Ness & a series! I read A Monster Calls this year and I just loved the writing and I can’t wait to read this one. It takes place in a world where you can hear everyone’s thoughts and that sound EPIC!

 Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) Unremembered (Unremembered, #1) Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)

9. Feed by Mira Grant: Once again, this is a book that I’ve only heard great things about! I own a copy but the small book size/font makes me nervous but I am SO excited to give this one a try!

10. Unremembered by Jessica Brody: I attended an event that Jessica Brody was a part of and I now really admire her! I have yet to read her book but I really want to! I’m iffy about the romance because it seems that the book is centered around it but I want to at least give it a shot!

11. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff: Another book that I wanted to buy ASAP. This one sounds like an awesome fantasy book & I really wish I had a chance to read it!

 These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) Where the Stars Still Shine Vicious

12. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman Meagan Spooner: This one actually came out only this month but I have been waiting for so long to read it! I really need to read it soon because the praise that this book has received is monumental!

13. These Broken Stars by Trish Doller: I’ve heard so much about this one & I really want to read it but I can’t find it in in-stores which bums me out. When I find it, I will buy it and read it IMMEDIATELY!

14. Vicious by V.E Schwab: I need to read this one right now, that is all.

033

Have you read any of the books listed above? If so, what did you think about them? Are any of these books also on your ‘neglected this year’ pile? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!