November 1, 2013

Monthly Recap: October

I seriously can't believe October is over. This month passed by WAY too fast! I have decided to do something different! In light of my new URL change and a lack of time to reformat my review archive, I filmed a vlog to discuss October and the month of November. I will include some links below of things mentioned.  I apologize for the crappy webcam video in advance and for Karen, she is insensitive when it comes to my blogging/vlogging. I see that the icon is crappy but I am too lazy to change it so.....


Just in case you have no time to watch the long video, November looks to be uneventful except for NaNoWriMo! I'm super excited to start it and I hope you guys are participating too (if you are an aspiring writer!)
Honourable Mentions:

Books Mentioned:
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
Champion by Marie Lu
Pawn by Aimee Carter

How was your October? Anything you're looking forward to in November? What is your November TBR pile? Let me know & thanks for watching! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeaaaaaay, I love watching vlogs from blogs I follow :D I need to read Alice in Zombieland!! Chaos of the stars is just fun. Fluffy and she has a humorous undertone in her writing-style. I LOVE the cover (but it also wouldn't be in my top 10 scary covers) from the replacement, but like I said, I disliked the book. Crewel is very good though. Haha, I liked the little discussion about "what does Spiderwick Chronicles have to do with this?" I don't know how to edit either, but hey, it was fun watching :D Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching vlogs too so I’m very happy you made one this month! Also, I have to say YOUR TSHIRT IS AWESOME. And go male narrators! I think I’ve already mentioned this (twice?) but we need more of them! The Chaos of Stars is so pretty so I’m happy you’re reading it and mythology is the BOMB. Brenna Yovanoff’s covers are so pretty too and five dollars is such a steal! Tell me how The Coldest Girl in Coldtown goes! It sounds interesting and so I’m eager to see what you think of it! And yay for the mention! Also, feel free to beat me. I’m doing a terrible job starting off so I’m going to help and make it easy on you! :) OMG my question sounds sooooooo awkward!!! But yes to TV. I love it!

    Hope you have a great November Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even notice how long your video was until you brought it up! Watching vlogs is so much fun, really! I kinda laughed whenever Karen made side comments LOL! She reminds me of my friend! I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo but it's so cool to see all of my fellow bloggers so enthusiastic about it. I'm so jealous you got to hug Rainbow Rowell!!!!!!!! I hope she does a book signing in my country! You've got a great selection of books for November! I hope you enjoy all of them! I enjoyed The Chaos Of Stars mostly because of the swoony romance- I hope you like it too! For my own November TBR pile, I'm going to read the books I bought recently that I've yet to read, namely, Allegiant, Just One Year, The Raven Boys and a whole lot more!

    Awesome recap post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so much awesome :D I really enjoyed The Replacement when I read it ages ago. Dying to read Champion. <3 thank you for sharing :)
    Thank you for commenting on my blog ages ago. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!