October 20, 2013

Weekly Recap: October 12 - October 19th

weirjwet Wow, I haven’t done a weekly recap post in a while! Let’s get started!Personal Life
This week, nothing exciting really happened except: (a list was necessary)
  • The House of Hades by Rick Riordan made me sort of depressed, I wrote a guest post about it for Meg (Adrift on Vulcan) which will be up mid-November, so anticlimactic I know
  • I read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and then realized it was supposed to have illustrations *cue the facepalm heard around the world* I was very pissed at myself for not buying the illustrated version
  • I got Twitter! Meg convinced me to through her persuasive emails so great news is, I can finally interact with more awesome people! My twitter link is on the right so feel free to check out my page (warning: the background is exactly the same as the one on this blog)
  • Me and Kari filmed THREE videos for Neighbouring Opinions. Only one of them is up so far but look out for book discussions on Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • I am reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley for school! When I choose it, one girl asked me if that’s because my name is the authors last name. I have to read the introduction for Tuesday and I am very bored so far, the introduction is not even written by the author! It’s basically the life story of Mary Shelley, but I must persevere of course.
  • I made an observation, why are most book bloggers women? This is SO annoying and how am I the only one who seems to notice (or maybe we’ve all noticed and decided not to care)
  • Oh and I learned about womance (basically it’s bromance between women) and I think we need to come up with a better term for it!
  • Everyone is practically crying waiting for Allegiant. Am I the only one not excited?
And that’s it for some personal stuff, onto the actual reason you’re reading!
On The Blog
- Me and Kari filmed our first vlog!
- I reviewed House of Hades. 5/5 stars!
- I reviewed This Song Will Save Your Life. 5/5 stars (again!)
- The Garden of Eden tour stops by, check out my interview with the author!
- I reviewed Parallel by Lauren Miller. 3/5 stars – sorry Meg!
- Me and Kari discussed Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock – we both loved it
- I reviewed Antigoddess. 3/5 stars
- I got nominated for the Liebster Award – thanks Meg!

And that’s it for this week on Shelly’s Rambles and in my personal life! How was your week and do you have any exciting news to share?

4 comments:

  1. Womance, haha. I've never heard of it before! I'm now following you on twitter :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay for joining twitter! We're a chatty bunch, so you'll love it there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Twitter is where the crazy people hang ;D Oh gosh yes. The House of Hades is cray-cray land.

    Thanks for sharing! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew I could be so persuasive. ;D But I hope you're enjoying Twitter so far! It's not superficial at all because no one gives a crap about whether what you're tweeting is weird or random. And anyway, we bookworms are pretty weird and random ourselves. :D And duuuude. There's a word for bromance between women and it's called "womance"? That's awful! Somebody does have to come up with something better. What's wrong with "best friend forever"?!

    And, aw, I'm one of those super excited for ALLEGIANT. Though maybe not as excited as the others out there, since I haven't pre-ordered it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!