October 31, 2013

Readiculous Halloween Reads!

It’s Halloween! To celebrate this awesome October holiday, I have made a list of books (I wish) I read in preparation for Halloween! (in no particular order)

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) The Replacement

1. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black- This book is currently sitting on my bookshelves but I am so excited to pick it up. A new twist on vampirism? Waking up in a room full of dead people? Sign me up!

2. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter- I am currently reading this and I am loving it! It has just the right amount of creepiness to make it the perfect Halloween book for the faint-hearted (like me!)

3. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff- This book is also sitting on my bookshelf but it sounds so creepy! And look at that cover guys, it screams Halloween!

Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)

4. Antigoddess by Kendra Blake- Technically, this is not a creepy read but after reading this book, I had a fear of being suffocated with feathers. This counts because of the sheer creepiness caused by such strong descriptions!

5. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children- I seriously love this book so much. It is not as creepy as the pictures make it seem but all the vintage images make it feel Halloweeny! (yes, I used that as a word)

6. Ashes by Isla J.Bick- This is not really a “horror” novel but once again, graphic descriptions of scary zombies make this one a perfect read.

And that’s it! I don’t read a lot of creepy books and since Halloween is one day only, any of these books would make for a perfect Thursday read!

Have you read any of these books? Do you agree with these recommendations? Any other creepy reads I should check out? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I found 'The replacement' very disappointing. It looks awesome, but the story didn't work for me. I can't wait to read Alice in Zombieland :D! Happy reading Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Replacement!!! I haven't read the others, but loved that one. :) And creepy (ya) books I loved?? Hm, A Monster Calls? But that one is middle grade and more sad than scary. The cover with the tree monster on it is quite haunting though. Another one I enjoyed was Beyond: A Ghost Story by Graham McNamee.

    Happy Halloween, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes The Coldest Girl in Coldtown looks really good! I got through quite a few horror/thriller books this month so I am realy pleased with myself :D

    Thanks for sharing that epic list, luv! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'm going to read The Coldest Girl In Coldtown soon as well and I am cautiously excited, Black's work is hit or miss for me but the premise sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, really, really loved Antigoddess and Ashes. <3 Hope you will get to read them soon and that you will love them :D Thank you for sharing :)
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!