September 29, 2013

Weekly Recap: September 23rd to 29th

This week was much busier for me than last week! I had so much school stuff but I’m proud that I managed to blog several times this week. I also caught up on my commenting and stuff. Guess what? IT’S MY BIRTHDAY IN ONE WEEK! I am so excited, it’s not even funny! Me and Karen are having our party on the 5th (it’s Halloween themed!) even though our actual birthday is on the 6th. Be prepared for a very long and excited post where I will show off all my presents and fangirl like crazy (since I’m going to a Rainbow Rowell signing the next day). I received my copies of Fangirl (thanks again Meg!) and I received an ARC of Antigoddess (thanks Rachel!). Overall, this was a pretty good week but next week looks to be much better than this one!

Book Review(s)

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (3/5 stars)
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5 stars)

Blog Tours

Hunted by Jill Kaelin: Book Review (3.5/5 stars)

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: Spotlight

A lot of blog tours this week on my blog, I know!

Blog Announcements

Karen’s Take: Introducing a new feature to Shelly’s Rambles

My twin sister (Karen) has agreed to read some books I’ve loved and write her own opinion about them. She’s reading the Raven Boys but I think she’s only read the prologue, let’s hope she finishes soon so we can read some rambles other than my own!

 

How was your week? Anything you’re looking forward to next week?

10 comments:

  1. I can not contain my jealous that you are going to a Rainbow Rowell signing!!! I want to get my hands on Fangirl so bad - hope you enjoy yourself and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited! I hope not to make you too jealous but the recap post will probably be full of awesomeness. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I got Antigoddess last week and I look forward to it a lot.
    Have a fun party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH ANTIGODDES *heart eyes* OMG AND FANGIRL?! Lucky girl...

    Happy reading, hon! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very luck this week! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Happy early birthday! haha. Sounds like you have plenty of reason to be excited! And the fact that you can blog with all that school work is pretty amazing. It's also motivating! I keep worrying that now I'm in school I won't be able to handle both, but seeing all these other bloggers do it makes me feel better! We got this, right?!

    Hope your entire week is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got this, Asti! Thanks so much and good luck with your own week! :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, darn, you just missed the awesome month of September! ;) Really, though, you won't believe the number of book bloggers who have birthdays in September - myself included. But October is still pretty fab, because HALLOWEEN, and who doesn't love Halloween, am I right? Anyway, happy early birthday to both you and Karen! Halloween parties kind of suck for me, because I can never figure out what to go as. Well, pretty much any costume party sucks because of that reason. Eh.

    Really looking forward to your thoughts on both FANGIRL and ANTIGODDESS! I've heard nothing but great things for them both, so here's hoping that you'll enjoy them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Me and Karen are both super excited for our birthday! I hope to post my Fangirl review soon, I absolutely loved it! Thanks so much :)

      Delete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!