September 22, 2013

Weekly Recap: September 16th-22nd

This week was pretty busy. I had a lot of school work and I’ve basically been reading The Bone Season all week! I am still waiting for a couple of packages in the mail but I finally received my copy of DANGEROUS GIRLS (thanks Simon & Schuster Canada!). This week, I found out about a signing for Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell on October 7th (the day after my birthday!). I am going and I’m so excited! I am also going to get a copy signed for Meg (and she bought me a copy of Fangirl which is super awesome and nice!).

The Dream Thieves came out this week (and I bought it) and I haven’t read it yet which makes me super sad but my birthday is coming up and I am predicting a lot of giftcards for my local bookstore! I also have a ton of homework this weekend but it is a long weekend (no school on Monday)!

This Friday also started what people (or maybe just me) are calling “the Great Goodreads Debacle”. Basically, goodreads authors and moderators now have the power to delete reviews that criticize the author in a negative way. I am a little torn about this, to be honest. On one hand, if I post a negative review who's to say that an author won't try to delete my review even if I didn't criticize them personally. On the other hand, reading books is about enjoying the content, not the person behind it. At this point, I'm not sure what to think.

Book Reviews
Memes
Other News
The Bone Season Book Signing: Recap Post


And that’s it for this week on Shelly’s Rambles! How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed the Curse Workers, Shelly! I have Black Heart still sitting on my shelf to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it, it's a great series but I'd be lying if I said I don't want to see more of Cassel!

      Delete
  2. Aw, hope you get time to read The Dream Thieves soon :D It is PERFECT. So good. <3 Happy reading :)
    Thank you for commenting on my blog last week. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE BONE SEASON is pretty awesome, no?! I can understand how this week would be busy with that book! Anyway, you're not the only one suffering from tons of schoolwork, because I'm practically drowning in it as well. Sometimes I feel like 24 hours for one day just isn't enough. No, wait, I take that back. 24 hours a day ISN'T enough, at all.

    Anyway, super jealous that you're going to see Rainbow Rowell! Okay, well, I haven't read any of her books yet, but that doesn't mean I can't be excited, right? I hope you have a fun time! And about that Goodreads issue: I still can't believe the administrators are letting whiny-ass authors and reviewers get their way. The internet is a free place. Being an author was their decision, and they should know that negative reviews come with the whole package! It just makes no sense: if you're going to become an author, you need a thick skin so that you don't let those negative reviews bite. I'm so annoyed that I'm wondering if this garners a book website switch. Shelfari, for instance? :/

    Sounds like you had a pretty hectic week! As for me, last week was super busy as well because my finals are coming up in a couple of months time, and I'm just trying to juggle studying hard like crazy and blogging like crazy at the same time. Thank God for awesome books, though. I just finished WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE by Trish Doller and it was amazing. I still can't get over it.

    I hope this week will be a lot calmer for you, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!