September 20, 2013

Shelly Rambles: Starting a New TV Show Series

I read a lot of books and obsessively so when I start a new TV show series, I always feel a little guilty for not having time to read. For example, me and my sister recently started watching Sherlock together and we both really like it but at the same time, I’m reading The Bone Season. I barely have any time to read but instead, I choose to watch an hour and a half episode of a slightly predictable TV show (I’m not saying Sherlock is bad, it’s quite good actually). And then I started thinking: If I read instead of watching Sherlock or if I worked on my blog, I could have been much more productive! That thought plagues me now, I am wasting my time instead of reading! But on the other hand, Sherlock is a very fascinating show.

And as always, DAMN you Moffat for working on such great shows (A.K.A Doctor Who and Sherlock)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10074-1348852098-6

What do you do? Does getting distracted by other fascinating stuff make you feel guilty?

9 comments:

  1. Omg! As I read this, I want to watch a movie, but then I won't be able to read...! So know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, not really. My biggest focus is real life, which is something I'm trying to enforce on myself. But then, I don't really have anything else to watch except Chinese shows I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Netflix is both a blessing and a curse :)

      Delete
  3. Yes! I just watched a series on Netflix and felt guilty the whole time because I could have been reading or working on blog things. But instead I spent 13 hours watching a show.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netflix is so annoying and yet so amazing! Doc Who has definitely intruded on my life so much ;)
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I still blame Steve Moffat for all of this! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yes. Big Brother ruins my blogging schedule and now that I'm starting Survivor, it's like oh no, I HAVE TO watch all 24 (or was it 23?) seasons. You're not alone with this problem.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!