September 26, 2013

Karen's Take: a New Meme/Feature on Shelly's Rambles!

If you remember, I mentioned in one of my rambles that I have a twin sister named Karen. Well lucky for you guys (or maybe just me), she's decided to write some reviews on Shelly's Rambles. Basically, she will read books I've previously reviewed and will give her own opinion on them (hence, Karen's Take). And in a true sisterly fashion, we decided this calls for an impromptu photo op! Since Karen is being stubborn (as she usually is), she refuses to write a short description about herself, so I'll do it for her.

Karen is a movie obsessed teenager who happens to share a house with an avid book reader. She spends her free time annoying her sister, taking awesome pictures (she's into photography) and starting new TV shows. Some of her favourite tv shows include (this will be a long list): Parks & Rec, The Office (U.S.), Mad Men, Modern Family, Sherlock, Star Trek: The Next Generation, It's Always Sunny in Phildelphia, 30 Rock and many more. Her favourite book series include the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, The Lunar Chronicles by Marrisa Meyer and others that she doesn't love as much. She always has to listen to her sister's complaints about things going on in the book bloggish community. You can find her watching tv shows on her laptop or listening to the non-persistent ramble coming out of her sister's mouth.

Doesn't Karen sound like a fun person? Her first post should be about The Raven Boys which I'm super excited to hear her take on it. If you were wondering, The books in the pictures are The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater!

What do you think about Karen's Take? Are you also excited to read more of Karen's opinions? Will she ever stop being stubborn long enough to write a post? Let me know what you think in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so awesome that you have a sister who reads! My siblings don't, and it's kind of tough because I don't have anyone in the family to discuss books with. It'll be interestnig to see how your opinions differ from hers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy THE RAVEN BOYS and THE DREAM THIEVES - eep! Great book choices, you two. I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy reading Karen's posts. ;) Yay for another Star Trek fan as well, and I totally approve that HP is one of your favorite series. Like Reem, I don't have anyone else in the family who shares my passion for reading (well, I guess they do, but they don't read YA, so I only have you guys to ramble and rant to, eheh), but my sister is pretty patient with me when I need to let off steam as well. High five for awesome sisters!

    Anyway, can't wait to read your posts, Karen, and welcome to the book blogging community!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!