September 6, 2013

Abandoned Archive: Carrier of the Mark

Abandoned Archive is a new feature in which I go back and look at all the books I’ve abandoned and I will give a brief summary of why I didn’t finish the book.

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)This week: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Publication Date: October 4th 2011
Genre: YA Romance (Fantasy)
Source: Unfortunately bought
Page Abandoned: Page 133/342 (38%)

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

Why I abandoned this book: This book contained an annoying instalove that even though it was “destined” to be, I still found it extremely annoying. The main character of this book was also completely oblivious to mysterious events happening around her and some of the other characters seemed “too perfect”, especially the love interest. I bought this book so I might get back to it eventually but for now, it will stay in the abandoned archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!