August 25, 2013

Showcase Sunday #9

Showcase Sunday banner Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and tea that promotes new books that you've purchased, gotten from a library or downloaded onto an ebook. (all images taken from goodreads)

Books I’ve Purchased: This weekend, I went to the Book Outlet at St.Catharine’s. I heard about it through another book blogger but I forget who. My family took a roadtrip and I got 11 books in total. I probably would have gotten more books but I was on a strict 45 dollar budget-which is what my eleven books cost.

showcase sunday 9
1. Crewel by Gennifer Albin- I am super excited to read this. I saw Gennifer Albin at the Fierce Reads Panel in June and I wanted to read this book ever since. I got it for such a good deal, I couldn’t resist buying it.
2. Sisters Red by Jachson Pearce- I stumbled upon this book and I had to buy it. I love fairytale retellings and I can’t wait to read it.
3. The Unidentified by Rae Mariz- I haven’t heard of this book until today but it sounded promising so I decided to get it.
4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman- I’m not sure what to expect with this book but it seems to be a lot of people’s favourites so I decided to give it a try.
5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson-  I heard Speak is really good and I’m very excited to read it.
6. The Lost Days: Emily the Strange by Rob Reger- I read another Emily the Strange novel and I decided to buy the first book because I really enjoyed it.
7. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows- This book sounds really good and I want to read it soon.
8. Slide by Jill Hathaway-  Not sure what to think about this book but I have read great reviews about it so I’m curious to read it.
9. The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger- Not sure what to think about this book but the authors story is inspiring so I want to read her book.
10. Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon- Only reading this book to broaden my book horizons, I need to explore more genres.
11. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King- I am so excited to read this book and it was only 2 dollars!
Help me choose what to read!
Did you read any of the books I bought? Link me to your Showcase Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. You got some amazing stuff on your budget! I absolutely loved The DUFF!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!