August 16, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: Book Review

Eleanor & Park
Genre: Young Adult Romance/Contemporary
Publication Date: February 26th 2013
Source: Bought
Rating: 5/5 stars
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under. (via goodreads)

My Thoughts: This book was so perfect. I am seriously in love with this book. I can't get over it, I just can't. I never read romance novels but I decided to read this one because it sounded so cute and I've read so many great reviews about it, I had to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did, this book is seriously now one of my favourites I will be re-reading this book all the time. I can't even describe how amazing this book is so I will make a bullet-point list of everything I loved.

  • Eleanor & Park are seriously so cute and adorable
  • THERE ARE COMIC BOOK REFERENCES
  • The setting is perfect, all great romances take place in the 80s & 90s (look at Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe)
  • I seriously wish there was a sequel. The story must continue but alas as all great romance novels, the ending will keep us guessing
  • The feels. 
  • This.book.was.amazing.
I can't describe how amazing this book is. Everyone must read it, even if you don't like romance. Read it anyway. And as an added bonus, look at this cute gif by a freelance illustrator. She seriously has skills and her other graphics of Eleanor & Park are so perfect.

Credits go to Simini Blocker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!