July 21, 2013

Shelly Rambles: a new weekly feature!

Welcome to Shelly Rambles! It will probably be a weekly/bi-weekly meme where I will rant about anything that's bothering me in the blogosphere, books or even just in my regular life. 
This week: Epilogues
I love epilogues but sometimes it can be a bother. For example, The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I loved the last chapter of the Clockwork Princess, it was exactly how I wanted the series to end but the epilogue completely crushed my dreams and made me want to hurl my book across the room. Another example is Elemental by Antony John. I thought the ending to Elemental was amazing and the ending didn't force me to want to read the sequel but then comes the epilogue. The epilogue to Elemental brings up all these new questions that I want to know the answer to but I don't want to read the next book. It's a really problem. Epilogues are amazing when it comes to extending the story but sometimes they can make you want to pull your hair out.
What is your opinion on epilogues?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!