July 13, 2013

Reboot by Amy Tintera

Reboot (Reboot, #1)
Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary (via goodreads): Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

Review:I wanted to read this book before it even came out. I remember reading about it on Goodreads in February and since then, I’ve been dying to read it. I finally bought Reboot last week and I’m so happy that I did. This book lived up to and exceeded my expectations.  Let’s start with the characters. The main characters in this book were awesome. The heroine was a girl named Wren who had a really high ranking number when it comes to a Reboot (her number was 178). The other main character, Callum, had a low ranking number, 22. As we soon find out, opposites attract (wink wink, nudge nudge). The main characters were so well-written and believable (considering they aren’t human-if they were human it might have been different). I loved the heroine! (I mean, who doesn’t love a badass blond chick?) I also loved the romance element in this book. It was so cute! I was constantly smiling while reading this book and I was worried that it would attract some unwanted attention. Now, let’s talk about the plot. The plot/problem of this book was interesting and original. A disease named KDH ravaged Texas (the only state that survived the war between the Reboots and humans). If you died from this disease or you’ve had the disease sometime in your life when you died, you would come back from the dead as a Reboot. These Reboots would be stronger, faster and frankly more badass than humans. The Reboots would also be ranked based on how many minutes passed before they rebooted. As I mentioned before, Wren (the heroine) had a number of 178 while Callum has the pleasure of being ranked number 22. The higher the number, the stronger and less-human the Reboot is. I thought that the plot of this book was original and definitely something I would have never thought of. Overall, this book was amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone who’s looking for an original book with a little (or a lot depending on who you ask) romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!