June 9, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Book Review

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary (via goodreads):
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future
Review: When I choose to read this book, I expected it to be the classic Cinderella story but it was far from that. First off, the princess is a cyborg! It was so interesting to read. I actually liked the main character in this book (Cinder) and I really enjoyed her humor. This book was far from the classic fairtytale and I really liked it. To be honest, I only picked up this book for the tile to complete my a-z reading challenge but I am thrilled about how much I enjoyed this book. As I sometimes mention, I have a gift when it comes to guessing plot twists and I was disappointed to see that my guesses were correct. I'm not sure how if other people can guess plot twists as well as me but if you don't, then the ending will be a nice surprise. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!